Mobile App Not Connecting: Due to the recent software update, VCPL Mobile, the Library's app for iOS and Andriod, is currently not connecting to the Library catalog. You may experience difficulties logging into your account, placing holds, and searching the catalog. Please contact the Library at 812.232.1110 or chat with a Librarian via our website for assistance. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Catalog Search: The Vigo County Public Library catalog is available here. You may experience difficulties logging into your account. Please chat with a librarian for assistance.
Chat with a Librarian
Welcome to the Vigo County Public Library
The Vigo County Public Library System has served the residents of Terre Haute and Vigo County Indiana since 1882 when local school trustees purchased the existing public library from the Terre Haute Library Association.
Generating Change. Transforming Lives.
The Vigo County Public Library generates positive change in the community by creating an environment of opportunity in which people can explore, expand their perspectives, and transform their own lives and the lives of future generations.
- Inclusiveness – respecting individual perspectives and diverse backgrounds, making cultural and intellectual resources available to all
- Community –committing to and investing in the betterment of the community
- Collaboration –working in concert with strategic partners to help the community flourish
- Innovation –invigorating the community and stimulating a creative economy through inventive ideas and services
- Accountability – managing resources responsibly to maintain the public’s trust.