Library Buildings Closed: For the health and safety of our customers, staff, and community the Vigo County Public Library buildings are closed to due to COVID-19. Customers can access the Library’s digital resources to stream movies and music, listen to an audiobook, or read an ebook. If you do not have a Library card, you may get a temporary 90-day barcode to access digital resources by registering online. Please do not be concerned about returning Library materials — all due dates have been extended.
Focus on the Facts: Learn more information about COVID-19, also known as Coronavirus, from these sources.
Welcome to the Vigo County Public Library
The Vigo County Public Library System has served the residents of Terre Haute and Vigo County Indiana since 1882 when local school trustees purchased the existing public library from the Terre Haute Library Association.
Generating Change. Transforming Lives.
The Vigo County Public Library generates positive change in the community by creating an environment of opportunity in which people can explore, expand their perspectives, and transform their own lives and the lives of future generations.
- Inclusiveness – respecting individual perspectives and diverse backgrounds, making cultural and intellectual resources available to all
- Community –committing to and investing in the betterment of the community
- Collaboration –working in concert with strategic partners to help the community flourish
- Innovation –invigorating the community and stimulating a creative economy through inventive ideas and services
- Accountability – managing resources responsibly to maintain the public’s trust.