Databases Unavailable: Vigo County Public Library databases are currently unavailable for customers who are outside the Library. Internal customers can still access databases. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Careers @ VCPL
The Vigo County Public Library provides equal opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religious belief, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, or veteran status.
The Vigo County Public Library complies with all applicable federal state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every library location.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, training, hiring, termination, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, or any other personnel action.
The Vigo County Public Library is an E-Verify employer:
- E-Verify Work Poster (download English | download Spanish)
- Right to Work Poster (download English | download Spanish)
Temporary Metadata Specialist
The Vigo County Public Library is seeking a detail oriented individual with experience in metadata entry through ContentDM. This is a grant funded temporary Metadata Specialist position and the special project work in the Special Collections Department is expected to last 14 weeks. The primary functions of this temporary position will be to determine appropriate metadata for architectural drawings, and upload digitized architectural drawings to ContentDM.
The work schedule for this temporary position will be 20 hours per week for 14 weeks between the hours of 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. The rate of pay is $15.00 per hour and this temporary position is not benefits eligible.
To learn more about this temporary opportunity, click on the Job Vacancy Announcement link below.
To apply, download and complete the Application Form linked below and email it to Please include experience with metadata entry through ContentDM on the Application Form. Application review for this temporary position will begin on October 4, 2018, and continue until the position is filled.Job Vacancy Announcement (259.05 KB) | Application for Employment (86.5 KB)
Youth Services Manager Career Opportunity
At Vigo County Public Library we’re committed to the empowerment of our community by providing services that generate change, transform lives, and create an environment of opportunity. Our employees are at the heart of that commitment and we’re looking for an exceptional individual to join our management team and lead the Youth Services Department in generating change and transforming lives.
The VCPL offers an engaging and motivating work environment, a creative and supportive team of managers and co-workers, an excellent benefits package, and a rewarding and worthwhile employment experience.
We’re seeking a dynamic individual with these qualities:
- · Forward-thinker with a passion for delivering quality library services for ages infant through teen and their caregivers.
- · Dedication to supporting diversity and inclusiveness.
- · Ability to represent and promote VCPL ideals, programs, and services in the community.
- · Experience with managing a busy youth services department.
- · Experience and enthusiasm for leading, training, and mentoring staff.
- · Collaborative team player eager to support library-wide initiatives.
- · Organized, efficient, and detail oriented.
- · Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- · Ability to project positivity, creativity, flexibility, and a good sense of humor is required.
- · Experience working in a public library required; ability to meet education requirements set forth by the Indiana State Library.
- If you possess these skills and qualifications and would like to be a part of our successful team, we’d love to hear from you!
To apply, please send the following as attachments to email@example.com:
. Cover Letter
. Three Professional References
. VCPL Application Form (a link to this form is located below)
Application review will continue until the position is filled. Applicants whose qualifications best match the requirements of this position will be contacted for an interview.
Click the Job Vacancy Announcement link below for a detailed description of this position and qualifications.Job Vacancy Announcement (385.04 KB) | Application for Employment (86.5 KB)