Careers @ VCPL
Chat with a Librarian
The Vigo County Public Library provides equal opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religious belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, or veteran status.
The Vigo County Public Library complies with all applicable federal state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every library location.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, training, hiring, termination, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, or any other personnel action.
The Vigo County Public Library is an E-Verify employer:
- E-Verify Work Poster (download English | download Spanish)
- Right to Work Poster (download English | download Spanish)
Program and Event Manager (Full Time)
Are you looking for an opportunity to combine community interest with creative and impactful program and event planning? Are you a detail oriented and strategic thinker? Do you want to work in a collaborative and innovative environment? Then check out this job!
Vigo County Public Library is seeking a full-time Program and Event Manager to develop and coordinate programs and events that have broad based library and community impact and are responsive to community interests and needs. This position works closely with library departments and community partners in the research, planning, and implementation of programs and events and assumes primary responsibility for ensuring all aspects of planning and execution are on task and positioned for success.
Preferred - An ALA accredited MLS degree with ability to obtain Indiana Librarian Certification at the Department and Branch Head Level of LC3 or higher (Requires 75 LEUs per 5 year certification period).
Acceptable - Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university with degree or major coursework in any of the following or related fields: communications, project management, or public relations.
General Qualifications include previous experience in planning and executing programs and events; highly organized with ability to effectively manage multiple priorities; excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of people in a diverse community; ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form and skilled in public speaking; ability to independently plan, organize, and coordinate programs and events at multiple locations; previous public library experience preferred; ability to work flexible schedule; management and leadership skills.
This non-exempt full-time position is for 40 hours per week in the Program and Event Department of the Main Library. To learn more about this position and how to join VCPL’s supportive and community focused team, click on the Job Vacancy Announcement link below.
To apply, download and complete the Application Form linked below and email it along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application review will continue until the position is filled. Applicants may also submit application materials on www.indeed.comJob Vacancy Announcement (38.04 KB) | Application for Employment (79.99 KB)
Division Director: Director of Public Services
Director of Public Services Career Opportunity
Do you like making a difference in your community?
At VCPL, we’re committed to the empowerment of our community by providing services that generate change, transform lives, and create an environment of opportunity. We’re also dedicated to supporting diversity and inclusiveness in our community and in the workplace.
Do you want to work for an employer who genuinely cares about you, values your talent, and offers you a sense of purpose?
At VCPL, our employees are at the heart of our success and we recognize that. VCPL offers an engaging and motivating work environment, a creative and supportive team of managers and co-workers, excellent benefits and retirement package, and a rewarding and worthwhile employment experience.
Do you want to live in a community rich in history with a bright future?
VCPL is situated in the beautiful arts corridor of historic downtown Terre Haute, Indiana, and serves a population of 108,000 in Vigo County. VCPL is a cornerstone in our community - where collaboration, enthusiasm, and the desire to provide opportunity for strong families generates a better tomorrow for everyone.
We’re seeking a dynamic individual to join our Admin Team. Does this describe you?
• You’re creative, flexible, and open to new ideas with the ability to apply strategic thinking.
• You have the ability to represent and promote VCPL ideals, programs, and services within the library and in various community venues.
• You have experience managing multiple library departments in a progressive environment.
• You have experience and enthusiasm for leading, inspiring, training, and mentoring a large and diverse staff.
• You’re a collaborative team player eager to work with the VCPL Management Team to support library-wide initiatives.
• Of course, you’re organized, efficient, and detail oriented!
• You have the ability to effectively promote and support a positive workplace culture that improves teamwork, models positivity, increases productivity and efficiency, and enhances retention of the workforce.
• You exhibit excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to actively listen and effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
• You’ve completed an ALA accredited Masters in Library Science degree.
• You enjoy the ability to project a fun and professional good sense of humor!
If this describes you, and you’d like to be a part of our successful team, we’d love to hear from you!
To apply, please send the following as attachments to email@example.com, or include the following with your application submission on www.indeed.com:
• Cover Letter
• Three Professional References
• Completed VCPL Application Form (a link to this form is located below)
Application review will continue until the position is filled. Applicants whose qualifications best match the requirements of this position will be contacted for an interview. Click the Job Vacancy Announcement link below for a full description of this position.Job Vacancy Announcement (738.25 KB) | Application for Employment (79.99 KB)