Tell Us What You Really Think: Help us shape the future of VCPL by completing the 2019-2021 Strategic Plan Survey. Your answers will help us assure that the strategic planning process is focused on priority issues and opportunities for the community. The survey should take approximately 10 minutes to complete. Find the survey and more information at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VCPL_SP_COMMUNITY.
Careers @ VCPL
The Vigo County Public Library provides equal opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religious belief, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, or veteran status.
The Vigo County Public Library complies with all applicable federal state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every library location.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, training, hiring, termination, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, or any other personnel action.
The Vigo County Public Library is an E-Verify employer:
- E-Verify Work Poster (download English | download Spanish)
- Right to Work Poster (download English | download Spanish)
Full-Time Youth Services Assistant Librarian
The Vigo County Public Library is seeking an enthusiastic individual with a passion for enriching the lives of children, to be considered for a full-time Youth Services Assistant Librarian job opening. This 40 hours per week position requires a Bachelor's degree with a specialty in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Elementary Education, or Human Development and Family Studies desired. Requires 9 hours of specified Library Science courses which may be completed over a three year period in order to obtain an LC4 Indiana Librarian Certification. Successful candidate must have previous experience in youth services and programming with the ability to conduct story-times and programs for children of all ages. Schedule requires day, evening, and weekend rotation work. For additional information regarding this position and further qualifications click on the Job Vacancy Announcement below.
Application Instructions: Download and complete the Application Form linked below and email with cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application review will begin on July 16, 2018, and continue until the position is filled. Applications are also being accepted on www.indeed.com or www.IndianaCAREERconnect.com.Job Vacancy Announcement (385.93 KB) | Application for Employment (86.5 KB)
Youth Services Manager Career Opportunity
At Vigo County Public Library we’re committed to the empowerment of our community by providing services that generate change, transform lives, and create an environment of opportunity. Our employees are at the heart of that commitment and we’re looking for an exceptional individual to join our management team and lead the Youth Services Department in generating change and transforming lives.
The VCPL offers an engaging and motivating work environment, a creative and supportive team of managers and co-workers, an excellent benefits package, and a rewarding and worthwhile employment experience.
We’re seeking a dynamic individual with these qualities:
- · Forward-thinker with a passion for delivering quality library services for ages infant through teen and their caregivers.
- · Creative, flexible, and open to new ideas with ability to apply strategic thinking to effectively plan and execute is a must.
- · Dedication to supporting diversity and inclusiveness.
- · Ability to represent and promote VCPL ideals, programs, and services within the library and in various community venues.
- · Experience with managing a busy youth services department in a diverse and urban setting.
- · Experience and enthusiasm for leading, training, and mentoring a large and diverse staff.
- · Collaborative team player eager to work with a management group to support library-wide initiatives.
- · Organized, efficient, and detail oriented.
- · Ability to concurrently manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced and transitional environment.
- · Ability to effectively manage day-to-day operations including scheduling, workflow, budgeting, troubleshooting, and strategic planning.
- · Ability to stay abreast of community needs and emerging library service trends for target audiences.
- · Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- · Ability to project positivity and a good sense of humor is required.
- · ALA accredited Masters in Library Science degree required.
- If you possess these skills and qualifications and would like to be a part of our successful team, we’d love to hear from you!
To apply, please send the following as attachments to email@example.com:
. Cover Letter
. Three Professional References
. VCPL Application Form (a link to this form is located below)
Application review will begin no later than July 23, 2018, and continue until the position is filled. Applicants whose qualifications best match the requirements of this position will be contacted for an interview.
Click the Job Vacancy Announcement link below for a detailed description of this position and qualifications.Job Vacancy Announcement (387.57 KB) | Application for Employment (86.5 KB)