Fusion Catalog: : The Library's Fusion catalog system is currently not showing the correct availability status for materials on the website or the Library's mobile app. Please search the Classic Catalog at indsu.iii.com or contact the Library at 812.232.1113 for assistance. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Service Fees Policy
The Vigo County Public Library provides a wide variety of library services and library materials free of charge for the taxpayers and citizens of Vigo County. A nominal fee for services is charged to customers in order to provide specialized services or materials according to the following service fee schedule. Revenue from service fees become a part of the annual operating revenue budget and are subject to all appropriation requirements. Fees may be assessed for special services not mentioned that require additional costs to the library. Reimbursement for these services will be determined by the Library Director based on the cost to provide the service.
It is important to the Vigo County Public Library to maintain customer relations that reduce barriers and encourage lifelong use of library services. Therefore, in accordance with IC 36-12-3-18, the library may, under certain circumstances, reduce or waive assessed fees in order to facilitate a customer’s access to services. Library Administration is authorized to utilize its discretion in establishing procedures that balance the enforcement of this policy with consideration of circumstances warranting fee reassessment.
Service Fee Schedule
Library Material Replacement or Damage
Customer accounts are assessed a bill for damaged materials and long overdue materials which includes material replacement costs and the addition of a collection agency fee for unresolved accounts.
Material replacement or damage fees may be paid at the Main Library Lending Services Department, the West Branch Library, or via VCPL website customer account.
Customer accounts with unresolved fees for damaged or long overdue materials may be submitted to a Collection Agency with the addition of a $20 Collection Agency Fee charged to the customer account.
Printing and Photocopying
- Printing to standard printers/photocopiers can be performed from any library public access computer via the print management system.
- Mobile printing to standard printers/photocopiers is available via the print management system mobile print service.
- Standard printers/photocopiers are located in the West Branch Library and in the Main Library’s East Wing, West Wing, Lifelong Learning Center, Special Collections, and Youth Services areas.
- Large format color printing for signs, posters, banners, etc. is available at the Main Library in the Haute Create space.
- Microfilm printing is available in the Main Library Special Collections Department.
- Printing and photocopying is charged according to the following schedule:
|Print/photocopy type||Print/copy size||Cost|
|Black & white||8.5” X 11” - 11” X 17”||$.10 per side|
|Color||8.5” X 11” - 11” X 17”||$.25 per side|
|Color||Large format - 44” width with varying lengths||$.10 per linear inch of length|
Available at the Main Library Lending Services Department and the West Branch Library. Costs include Indiana Sales Tax.
Obituary/Marriage Records and Research
Services are provided by the Main Library Special Collections Department only.
- The obituary index is available on the VCPL website and provides reference to the published obituary located in the newspaper microfilm collection. On-site self-service access to microfilm records is available at no charge with printing via VCPL print systems charged according to Printing and Photocopying Fees.
- The marriage record index is available on the VCPL website with corresponding PDF of digitized marriage record. On-site printing of pdf records via VCPL print systems is charged according to Printing and Photocopying Fees.
- Off-site requests for marriage or obituary record retrieval including delivery of digital and print copies is charged according to the following schedule:
|Marriage Records||15 records per request||$5.00 per record|
|Obituary Records||15 records per request||$5.00 per record|
- Limited research assistance for simple inquiries is provided at no charge. Inquiries are processed in order of receipt. For in-depth or extensive genealogical or historical research the department can provide referrals to paid researchers.
Meeting Rooms and Library Spaces
The following fees will be assessed to event planners, groups, organizations, and individuals reserving library meeting rooms or spaces for use that incurs service needs outside the library’s normal provisions. These include reservations that fall outside regular operating hours, events requiring security coverage, and private or public events in the Main Library lobby.
|Maintenance Personnel (2)||4 hour minimum||$25.20 + Benefits|
|Security Personnel (1)||2 hour minimum||Per contracted service|
|Set-up / Tear-down||Library furniture/equip||$100.00|
|Lobby Rental – Private Use||Maintenance & Set-up/Tear-down fees not included in cost||$500.00|
Test Proctoring services are provided by the Main Library Lifelong Learning Center during regular operating hours.
|Lifelong Learning Center||Up to 3 tests per session||$25.00 per session|
Interlibrary Loan service is provided free of charge to eligible registered borrowers. Charges may apply under certain conditions where additional costs are incurred.
|Photocopies/Printing needed||Copyright regulations||Per Printing and Photocopying fees|
|Lending library charges a fee||Established by lending library||Established by lending library|
|Damaged or long overdue materials||Established by lending library||Established by lending library|
|Unresolved accounts||Loss of borrowing privileges||$20.00 Collection Agency fee|
Adopted by the Board of Trustees of the Vigo County Public Library on the 18th day of December, 2017.