J. Hill Hamon
Accession Number: Sm. D.C. 41D
Donor: J. Hill Hamon
Description: Ninety-six pages in one file folder
Content and Scope of Collection
This collection is comprised of a portion of the memoirs of J. Hill Hamon, Ph.D, professor of biology at Indiana State Teachers College from 1961 to 1968. The memoirs in this collection cover Dr. Hamon's personal and professional experiences in Terre Haute during that time. Hamon left Terre Haute and Indiana State Teachers College in 1968 for a teaching position at Transylvania University in Lexington, Kentucky. He was awarded emeritus status upon his retirement from Transylvania University in 1996.
Dr. Hamon has donated pertinent sections of his 800+ page memoirs to the following institutions:
- Garrard County Public Library (elementary and high school years; Lancaster, Kentucky)
- Eastern Kentucky University (undergraduate studies; Richmond, Kentucky)
- University of Kentucky (master's studies; Lexington, Kentucky)
- University of Florida (doctoral studies; Gainesville, Florida)
- Jacksonville University (first year as a teacher; Jacksonville, Florida)
As of December 2007, he was working on his memoirs of his time at Transylvania University.