Careers @ VCPL
The Vigo County Public Library provides equal opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religious belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, or veteran status.
The Vigo County Public Library complies with all applicable federal state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every library location.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, training, hiring, termination, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, or any other personnel action.
The Vigo County Public Library is an E-Verify employer:
- E-Verify Work Poster (download English | download Spanish)
- Right to Work Poster (download English | download Spanish)
DIRECTOR OF PUBLIC SERVICES
Director of Public Services Career Opportunity!
Do you want to be part of an Award Winning Library Team?
Last October, the Vigo County Public Library received the Outstanding Library Award from the Indiana Library Federation! We’re proud of being recognized as an exemplary model for other libraries!
Do you like making a difference in your community?
At VCPL, we’re committed to the empowerment of our community by providing services that generate change, transform lives, and create an environment of opportunity. We’re also dedicated to supporting diversity and inclusiveness in our community and in the workplace!
Do you want to work for an employer who genuinely cares about you, values your talent, and offers you a sense of purpose?
At VCPL, our employees are at the heart of our success and we recognize that! VCPL offers an engaging and motivating work environment, a creative and supportive team of managers and co-workers, excellent benefits and retirement package, and a rewarding and worthwhile employment experience.
Do you want to live in a community rich in history with a bright future?
VCPL is situated in the beautiful arts corridor of historic downtown Terre Haute, Indiana, and serves a population of 108,000 in Vigo County. VCPL is a cornerstone in our community - where collaboration, enthusiasm, and the desire to provide opportunity for strong families generates a better tomorrow for everyone.
We’re seeking a dynamic individual to join our Admin Team! Does this describe you?
· You’re creative, flexible, and open to new ideas with the ability to apply strategic thinking. Oh, and you like the opportunity to try, fail, learn, and try again!
· You have the ability to represent and promote VCPL ideals, programs, and services within the library and in various community venues.
· You have experience managing multiple library departments in a progressive environment.
· You have experience and enthusiasm for leading, inspiring, training, and mentoring a large and diverse staff.
· You’re a collaborative team player eager to work with the VCPL Management Team to support library-wide initiatives.
· Of course, you’re organized, efficient, and detail oriented!
· You have the ability to effectively promote and support a positive workplace culture that improves teamwork, models positivity, increases productivity and efficiency, and enhances retention of the workforce.
· You exhibit excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to actively listen and effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
· You’ve completed an ALA accredited Masters in Library Science degree.
· You enjoy the ability to project a fun and professional good sense of humor!
If this describes you, and you’d like to be a part of our successful team, we’d love to hear from you!
To apply, please send the following as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org:
·Three Professional References
·Completed VCPL Application Form (a link to this form is located below)
Application review will continue until the position is filled. Applicants whose qualifications best match the requirements of this position will be contacted for an interview.
Click the Job Vacancy Announcement link below this posting for a full description of this position.Job Vacancy Announcement (305.38 KB) | Application for Employment (79.17 KB)