Mobile App Not Connecting: Due to the recent software update, VCPL Mobile, the Library's app for iOS and Andriod, is currently not connecting to the Library catalog. You may experience difficulties logging into your account, placing holds, and searching the catalog. Please contact the Library at 812.232.1110 or chat with a Librarian via our website for assistance. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Catalog Search: The Vigo County Public Library catalog is available here. You may experience difficulties logging into your account. Please chat with a librarian for assistance.
Rights & Responsibilities
Chat with a Librarian
Everyone utilizing the Library is expected to treat all others in a respectful manner. Tolerance, mutual respect, and concern for others are necessary for a safe and enjoyable library experience. No matter your circumstances you are welcome at the Library.
You have a RIGHT:
- To a crime free environment.
- To a clean facility.
- To visit the Library with your children or other dependents.
- To facilities, materials, and services that function as intended.
- To an environment free of yelling, bullying, and solicitation.
- To utilize properly trained service animals on Library property.
- To enjoy the Library any day of the week during business hours.
You have a RESPONSIBILITY:
- To obey all federal, state and local laws.
- To pick up after yourself.
- To understand that the safety and behavior of dependents rests with their parent or guardian.
- To safely use the facilities, materials, and services with no ill intent.
- To conduct yourself in a manner that allows others to peacefully enjoy the Library.
- To interact with others in a respectful and non-threatening manner.
- To monitor the behavior of service animals.
- To leave the Library at designated closing times or when asked to leave.
- To practice tolerance.
- To attend to your personal belongings.
- To wear shoes, tops, and bottoms.
- To comply with staff direction.
The above list of the basic rights and responsibilities expected of all those who enter the Library is not all-inclusive. If you need assistance, please ask Library staff.
Persons failing to fulfill their responsibilities and or infringing on the rights of other library visitors or staff will receive a warning and an opportunity to correct behaviors that are inconsistent with these rights and responsibilities. Persons engaged in behavior that pose a serious imminent risk to health or safety may be immediately expelled from the Library without warning and with or without the assistance of local law enforcement.
When possible, visitors who have their library privileges suspended will be provided with written notification stating the specific library policy violated and specifying the length of the suspension. Appeal requests may be made in writing to the Executive Director of the Library. Further appeals may be made in writing to the Library Board of Trustees. As determined by federal, state, or local law and library policy, misconduct may lead to legal action or criminal prosecution.
Adopted by the Board of Trustees of the Vigo County Public Library on the 18th day of February 2019.